Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks

It's that time of year again. That time of year when there is an entire day devoted to giving thanks. Well, or maybe an entire day devoted to turkey, stuffing and football. ;) Be that as it may...
I endeavor to practice a spirit of gratitude and thankfulness daily, and especially at this time of year I meditate on what I am thankful for. So, once again, as inspired by a friend, my 4th annual Thanksgiving list.
Simply some of the things I am very thankful for:

  • Hope.
  • For Jesus.
  • My washer and dryer.
  • DVR
  • A simple warm house.
  • Forgiveness. 
  • A really good meal when I am truly good and hungry.
  • Warm sun in the middle of winter.
  • A good outdoor fire.
  • Laughter!
  • A good book, comfy chair, and coffee at Barnes & Noble.
  • Kind co-workers.
  • My little brothers who always had my back and treated me like a queen.
  • Generosity and genuineness.
  • Music: playing, singing, listening.
  • For a few true and loyal friends.
  • My son. He has brought only joy to me since his first moments.
  • My health.
  • I'm thankful for my partner.
  • My TDI that gets 40mpg.
  • Healthy children.
  • For moments of peace in my life.
  • For the “oil jar” never quite running empty.
  • For the vocation that I get to perform.
  • For my tenacity.
  • I am thankful for an excellent quality chiropractor.
  • Thankful for the health insurance to be able to go get needed medical care.
  • For love. 
  • I am thankful for excellent hearing.
  • I’m also thankful for clear sight.
  • I’m thankful to have a job in this economy.
  • I am thankful for running water.
  • I’m thankful for electricity.
  • I am thankful for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment