A freshly baked sampling of my Top 100 Reasons I am glad to be a lesbian -- originally posted at my WordPress blog location for Bridges.
- Both wear the pants in the relationship (or sometimes no one is wearing the pants).
- Sex is WAY better now! (That is probably the “official” #1).
- We are both breadwinners and homemakers.
- I don’t HAVE to wear dresses and heels or anything in particular to be “sexy.”
- I don’t HAVE to be “submissive”......................
- She prefers my company to that of a video game.
- Either takes the chance to drive, or hold the door, or pay the tab.
- My ideas, wisdom and contributions are respected now.
- I’m not a second class citizen to my partner because of “male privilege” or biblical usurpation.
- Emotional intimacy.
- Less entitlement and more encouragement.
- Bound by passion–not “tradition” (or “institution”).
- I am loved for exactly who I am, not a modified version of me.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...