Sunday, December 26, 2010

Legalization Is 'Inevitable'

The subject title of this post is based on a recent quote by Vice President Biden, who declared same-sex marriage "all but inevitable in the U.S." (a claim that may be news to President Obama).
"I think the country's evolving and I think there's an inevitability for a national consensus on gay marriage," he said in comments also reported by the New York Daily News
Read more about this here where you'll also see a brief clip of George Stephanopoulos' interview with the Vice President.

Well, hope springs eternal, but this may be a tall order with DOMA in place and only 2 years left in the Obama/Biden administration.
Time will tell. I wish our leaders would evolve already on some of these human rights issues!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he said it. Whatever it means in terms of time frame, I'm glad he said it. It needed to be said.

    Makes my new year just a bit more hopeful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo that Amy. It definitely needed to be said! Here's hoping for more change in 2011!

    ReplyDelete